Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chanel D'Ombre

Thanks to Jen from myfunnyvalentineblog I had a huge lemming for Chanel Illusion D'ombre. I so wanted this that I would have dreams of buying it. And I decided on the color based on a post about Frieda Pinto's makeup where the makeup artist had used Ebloui.
Do you see a pattern ? Reading fabulous blogs can be injurious to your wallet.

Now on to the actual product.

Packaging :
It comes packaged in a jar with a small slanted tip brush. The brush is quite handy and be actually used with the shadows.

Color : 
Its a deep burgundy color with multicolored shimmer particles in it. It reminded me of MAC Cranberry although with more brown in it.
Texture :
In the jar, it feels like sponge and when swatched its like a cream eyeshadow.

Performance:
I wore it both all over lid and as an eyeliner.
There was no creasing or flaking experienced even after 6 hours wear.

Would I Recommend It : Yes, definitely. If you want something easy to work with and do quick eye makeup, this is your product. The only sticking point is the price.


Availability : Myer, DJ, Chanel Boutique
RRP : $49 AUD

Update : Since I wrote this post as a draft couple of months ago, I have bought 2 more from this range. I will be posting swatches of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment