Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Burberry Lip Cover


Do you get sucked in by packaging and the hype created by discussions on various blogs ?? I do, I am easily influenced and it has proven injurious to my credit card...but that’s a different story.

In name of blog research, I was waiting excitedly for Burberry to launch its makeup line in Australia. 
So what did I do when I heard that Burberry makeup is available through David Jones in Chadstone, no prizes for guessing that.
Now, my first impression was that the display was absolute high end and so chic. One automatically felt special while browsing through the products.
Generally when I venture in new makeup brand I start with either lip color or eye shadow. In this case I bought lip cover( Burberry’s version of lipstick)



What I Liked:
  •   The packaging. It comes in metallic cuboid case with trademark Burberry impression. The cap   closes only when the magnetic strip on the cap aligns with the iron strip in the base. I personally found this very smart.
  •  It’s reasonably hydrating
  • It provides decent coverage.

What I didn’t like:
  • Staying power. It was less than 2 hours
  •  For anyone with pigmented lips (like mine) it doesn’t provide enough coverage but then that’s just for me.
  •  Color Range. Its quite small leaning more towards the neutral.
  • Value for money. It retails at $49AUD while Chanel Coco Shine retails at $50AUD but latter has better pigmentation and coverage.
  • It settles in fine lines

    Would I Recommend it:

    It’s more of a lust have item than a must have one. I would rather go for Chanel Coco Shine which has better pigmentation, coverage and staying power.

    I had bought Cameo Pink which is a nice coral pink.



    6 comments:

    1. wow ..love the look of the lipstick ..

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh I want this one so bad now! I know its less than stellar, but I love my burbs!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ooh I haven't seen any of the Burberry line in person, will need to check it out thanks for reminding me!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Lovely shade,suits u well and very classy case of lipstick. <3

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thanks girls for lovely comments. I recently got another product from Burberry and would be reviewing it soon.

      ReplyDelete