Monday, September 6, 2010

21 Days Challenge

Hmm..Okay, the buyer’s guilt has set in.
I feel this way every time I have bought something new, I resolve not to buy anything more and still end up buying new stuff.

So, today I have resolved to break this vicious cycle. And break it hard.

What do I aim to do: Not buy anything for 21 days. Absolutely nothing except for daily survival stuff like grocery, tickets etc.

Rules:
1. Nothing is to be bought for myself
2. Gifts can be bought

How do I plan to do it:

 Buying for others doesn’t mean I should buy for myself
 Going to mall doesn’t mean I should buy something
 Swatching something doesn’t mean that I should have it
 Stress at work shouldn’t result in trip to local drugstore
 Not to be taken in by various sales & promotion
 Make a sensible list of things I would buy after this ban is lifted
 Going through my current stash

The reason why I am doing this is not because I have too much makeup (cause let me accept, it will never happen. There will always be something which I would need)

I want to break the cycle of mindless shopping. I need to coach myself to pick up stuff which I really need and not which I ‘need’.

To help myself, I will post every day as to how I am holding up. I would also share with you what I might be lemming (that will definitely happen even if I am not shopping!!!)

I also plan to do following series of post

Manic Monday: Nail paint from the stash will be featured
Boring Tuesday: Eyeliner from the stash will be featured
Humpy Wednesday: Eye shadow / Eye shadow palette will be featured
Oh so close Thursday: Lipstick from the stash will be featured
TGI Friday : Gloss from the stash will be featured
Happy Saturday: List of things I swatched or formed a lemming for or anything random
Wow Sunday: Eye Look

I also bought few treats yesterday, will share them with you in next post

Bye, Till next post

3 comments:

  1. All the best! I too am on a shopping ban these days, although not as tough as yours with no shopping for 21 days.. I know myself too well, I will fail if I try to quit cold turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tanveer : Thanks for dropping by.
    It surely isn't easy..but it has been good till now.

    ReplyDelete